Saturday, December 6, 2008

Williamsport 84 Reading 67

The start to the Reading High basketball season got off to a rocky start with an 84-67 loss to Williamsport in the opener of the Bearcat Basketball Classic. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. At times I thought we played hard and hustled out there tonight but at other times I thought we lack intensity and looked like we didn't care.
  2. The one thing I was really disappointed in was I didn't see much leadership on the court from our returning players. I think this team with experience will get better but we need the Trenity Burdines and the Marcus Dawkins to be the leaders on the court, because this is their team.
  3. The biggest negative I saw was that we looked a step slow and we didn't pass the ball with crispness and committed way too many turnovers.
  4. My biggest criticism of the coaching staff was that their was no really set offense being run and it looked like we had five guys on the court doing five different things. I think part of this is that he was hired so late and he needs time to get his system down with the players.

I will not be blogging after tonight's game cause I have a prior commitment but I should be their on Tuesday for the game against Coatesville.

No comments: