Saturday, December 13, 2008

Reading 83 McCaskey 81

The Reading High Red Knights improved to 4-1 on the season with a 83081 win at Mccaksey on Saturday night. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. I tip my hat to coach Redding for how tonight how he tried to continue to establish discipline on this team with benching 4 guys for a quarter tonight. The only way he is going to get his point across his by taking playing time away. I also like his strategy at the end of the game tonight with holding the ball at the end and diagramming a play to let Delvin Brown create something for himself as he hit the layup at the buzzer to win the game.
  2. Xavier Mumford had a solid game tonight and really played hard down low and was a force inside for us tonight. I have been critical of him for being inconsistent, but hopefully this is the sign of better things to come.
  3. Marcus Dawkins was probably the best player on the floor for us tonight and showed great leadership that we expected out of him. I believe this was the most aggressive I have seen him in his young career.
  4. Ive heard some people complain about the defense and I think it is a concern but I think it will definitely improve as they get more comfortable in the system. But the biggest problem on defense tonight was that are transition defense was horrendous and we really need to work on busting it to get back on defense.
  5. I think what your seeing on offense is that Coach Redding's offensive mindset is to run even more than we did last year and I think its a mindset that our players will get used to very easily. The thing tonight pointed out to me was that when we attack the basket we are a very productive offense, but when we settle for jumpers that aren't in the rhythm of the offense we are a offense that is easy to defend.

No comments: