Saturday, December 20, 2008

Harrisburg 74 Reading 67

The Reading Red Knights fell to defeat this afternoon in Harrisburg against the Cougars of Harrisburg High by the score of 74-67. Here are my thoughts on the game:

  1. I loved the effort that we played with today and I truly felt like we fought to the end. But in the second half the execution just wasn't there to beat Harrisburg. I sort of expected a let down today and I don't really think there was one but I think we will grow from this loss.
  2. Xavier Mumford had a solid game today with his 11 points and 16 boards and really answered some doubters including myself. I still think he can tend to be inconsistent but at least he has really come to play in the big games this season.
  3. Delvon Brown had a nice game today with his 14 points and really has settled in at the point guard and I think when you have him at your point guard it allows Marcus Dawkins to play off the ball where he is more effective.
  4. I have been a big supporter of Coach Redding and thought he did a decent job of coaching today but I was scratching my head wondering if we would have thrown a zone at Harrisburg while they were making their big run in the 2nd half it would of at least slowed them down.
  5. I echo what others have said about the facility at Harrisburg in that it is a first class facility and is definitely one of the nicer gyms in District III to watch a game. But can we please find a PA announcer who is capable of reading players names. If you don't know how to pronounce them go to the coaching staff and ask the way it is correctly pronounced.
  6. Memo to the officials: We had two championship quality teams out their too bad your level of officiating didn't match the level of play on the court. The technicals called on both teams were overreactions and had no business being called.
  7. I feel like after this game we have a much better sense of what this team is and what it can be. I strongly believe Reading has just as much talent as Harrisburg and that the Red Knights are still a strong contender in District III along with Harrisburg, York, Wilson and even undefeated dark horse Elizabethtown.

No comments: