Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reading 63 Coatesville 58

The Reading Red Knights opened their home schedule with a sloppy 63-58 win over the visiting Coatesville Indians. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. Right now this team just doesn't play smart. That is why I think Coach Redding is trying to make them play fast and do things without thinking.
  2. While Marcus Dawkins had a solid game he needs to avoid the ball handling errors he made because this team looks to him for leadership and you cant have costly turnovers in the 4th quarter.
  3. I really feel like Trenity Burdine needs to get his head into basketball. I have always felt the more aggressive he is the better of a player he is and his mind really seems to wander out their. Burdine and Dawkins have to realize that they are the leaders of this team and it will go as far as they are willing to take it.
  4. Yamil Echevarria had a nice game tonight and I really like the intensity he brings to this team because we really don't have anyone else on the squad who plays with this level of intensity. I really hope he gets more minutes as the season goes on.
  5. Delvon Brown had a much better game tonight and I think as he gets more comfortable he well become a solid player and will make Reading back court much better.

No comments: