Monday, December 29, 2008

Reading 65 Central 60

Reading won their opening round game of their Christmas tournament over Central High School tonight. With the win they advance to tomorrow's championship game tomorrows night against Holy Name. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. Plain and simple this team plays to the level of its competition. While this is good in games against top competition, it will come back to bite us somewhere down the line.
  2. Someone has got to corral Delvon Brown out their and limit the dribbling. I like the kid and think he is going to be a player but he had way too many turnovers and a lot of the turnovers game from him over dribbling.
  3. I'm glad to see us weed out some of the guys who were on their own agenda and I'm glad we did it before the new year and should pay dividends down the line as some of these younger players develop.
  4. I think the one thing om offense that tonight really pointed out to me was this team as no low post option and every thing on offense comes from the perimeter. But I liked what I saw from the Weiglinski kid and I think the more he plays he could develop into a nice low post player in time.
  5. Just wanted to point out that if we win tomorrow night we will still lose points in the district rankings for playing a AA school.

No comments: