Friday, January 18, 2008

Reading 82 Twin Valley 28

The Reading High Red Knights improved to 18-0 with a 82-28 drubbing of the Twin Valley Raiders at the Geigle tonight. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. It was good to see us come out on fire and put away a hapless team. Your not going to find out much tonight against a terrible team. But I thought our energy was really good and it didn't look to me like we were going through the motions.
  2. Jermaine Jackson looked to tweak his knee a little bit. But did return in the second half and looked fine. I expect him to be ready to go and not be affected at all.
  3. The team defense was better tonight. We did a great job shutting down Twin Valley's best player who is the leading scorer in the BCIAA.
  4. I think the BCIAA should wise up and send Twin Valley to Berks III and bring back Hamburg to Berks II. I know they are AAAA but Twin Valley is a woe-be-gone basketball program and has never really been very good. At least if you have Hamburg in Berks II they look like a competent but not great team. Just one person's opinion.
  5. Looking ahead to tomorrow night we come in the much more rested team. We will be playing our third game in 5 days but with tonight's game I don't think we really expended much energy. But West York is coming in playing their fourth game in six days. So I think we should definitely have more energy than West York.
  6. I have gotten to study some tape on West York. They are very well coached and run a very high octane but disciplined offense. Like us, they are very unselfish and a great outside shooting team. There biggest player is 6'4 but they still have decent size with all of their other starters being around 6'2. The one thing you can take to the bank about them is their not going to come in fearing us and I believe give us our toughest game to date since way back in December against Academy Park.
  7. I expect us to win the game by wearing them down in the fourth quarter. But I don't see anything more than a 12 point game. Folks I did get to see that their gym is not very big so I urge you if your making the trip to get their early, preferably around 6.
  8. If you needed directions go to this link:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=&1c=reading&1s=PA&1z=&2pn=&2a=1800+bannister+street&2c=york&2s=pa&2z=17404&r=f

No comments: