Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Reading 79 Daniel Boone 66

The Reading High Red Knights kept their perfect season intact with a very hard fought win over the Blazers of Daniel Boone in Birdsboro. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. I wanted to first address the off the court issues that have been reported. Jordan Burdine will be out for a week with a disciplinary issue. I will leave it at that on this issue. It really is nobody's business besides his family and the teams, that is why from this point forward I wont be going into any detail on this issue. At halftime, I was able to overhear Jordan's uncle tell a cheerleader that he would be back on Monday. Marcus Dawkins also will be out for two weeks due to being academically ineligible. I hope this is something Marcus can learn from and I'm not going to crucify the kid because lets all remember he is still a freshman. But with that being said I believe we will become a stronger team throughout this because you will see this team deal with the adversity in a honorable way.
  2. I wont say we looked flat at the start of the game, I think the team almost seemed down because of the distractions and not having two teammates with them. But give Boone credit they came out like a house of fire and ready to play. The thing that I think woke up the team was the overrated chant from the Blazer fans.
  3. Trenity Burdine had his best game of his young Red Knight career. It was good to see him shoulder a big load of the offense tonight.
  4. Jermaine Jackson had a great game as well tonight with 16 points and 12 rebounds. He is going to need to really demand the ball and get his touches down low the rest of the week. I know he missed a couple of dunks tonight, but I think that really has to do with just being fatigued at the end of the game. I wouldn't get bent out of shape on this, since he played a great game tonight.
  5. The rest of the week we are going to really need to ratchet up our defense if we want to stay undefeated. We gave up way too many easy baskets and got manhandled on the defensive boards by Daniel Boone tonight.
  6. I think it should be said that tonight down early a lot of past Red Knight teams would of panicked and this squad just kept working hard and wouldn't be denied. I know a lot of people will say it is going to be hard for us to finish the regular season undefeated, but I say to those people it is supposed to be hard to go through a regular season unscathed and I have total confidence that the leadership on this team is going to give us everything they have.

No comments: