Saturday, January 12, 2008

Reading 79 York 56

The Reading Red Knights improved to 16-0 with a solid victory over the York High Bearcats in the nightcap of the Hoopgroup Shootout at Harrisburg High this afternoon. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. I hope what many are reporting on the Pennlive board is untrue about Jaren Burdine. If it was his last game he did really go out with a bang. If he did something that broke a law I would find it very hard to imagine that Coach Reyes or the administration would let him play.
  2. We really came out flat and it was kind of expected after a big game last night. Part of the problem was we were getting out hustled early and York was on fire from the field. But as the game went on we wore York down and had an easy time of it.
  3. Trenity Burdine had a great game today as well. If his cousin his going to be out we will need him to keep stepping up his game.
  4. The only negative for me from this game is that I thought we needed to get Jermaine more touches down low. He had his way with who ever was guarding him.
  5. Kudos go out to Harrisburg for running a nice event today. Definitely one of the nicer gyms to watch a game at.
  6. PCN really dropped the ball with not covering the games today instead of going for Farm show coverage. Memo to CN8 your viewers in the Reading and York county areas would have liked to have seen the York Reading game on your station as well.

2 comments:

JPierceRHS95 said...

Great job with you Blog!!! I am a RHS grad of 95, but lived in AZ. Your game by game breakdowns are great, and I fill like I am following the team like I am back in Reading.

Love them Red Knights said...

I really think people need to stop putting his name out there like that. How does anyone know what is really going on? It's not fair to the player, his parents or his team and coaches.