Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wilson 68 Reading 63

The Reading Red Knights went down to defeat tonight 68-63 to Wilson in West Lawn. Here are my thoughts on the game:
  1. I don't know if it was not playing in 5 days, being flat, or whatever excuse you want to come up with. It is completely inexcusable to come out flat for a game that has been circled on our calendars for months.
  2. After 13 games I didn't expect us to be undefeated but this team needs someone to instill some discipline. I see too many times for long stretches where we go cold and have no flow to our offense.. The coaching staff deserves part of the blame for this but equally to blame is that I see no leadership on the court from any players.
  3. I also was disappointed as it seemed we didn't adjust to what they were doing and gave up way too many layups.
  4. Down 16 points in the fourth quarter I sorta expected us to fold the tent and it was a very good sign to see us fight back and get it to a 1 possession game with less than a minute to go.
  5. We cant expect to win games against quality teams like Wilson when we play hard for a half.

No comments: